- Energy and power projects, regulatory work, corporate/commercial
- Clients in the Oil & Gas, electricity, renewable energy industries
- Growth role - work with an ex-top tier partners
The Firm & The Role
Our client is an Australian law firm that punches above their weight. This firm has a strong reputation in the energy & resources team and is lead by a guru in the field.
The firm and this particular team are well known for working with ASX-Listed companies, clients in the mining, energy & resources industries, clients in the renewable energy industry, the regulators and government agencies.
This role will see you working closely with the partner and the work will include:
- electricity and power projects;
- structuring of power stations, solar farms and wind farms,
- energy purchase and trading contracts;
- renewable energy projects;
- debt facilities and project financings;
- sales and acquisitions of mining and resources companies;
- acquisitions of wind farms;
- advising on regulatory and corporate governance issues;
- general commercial contracts e.g. joint ventures, share issues, partnerships
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years pae experience in the area of commercial/energy & resources law
- Drafting and analytical skills
- Ability to juggle competing priorities
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think outside the box
- Energy, drive & enthusiasm
- Genuine interest in the area of energy & resources
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays its lawyers at the very top of the market and they also have a generous bonus scheme. You will join a progressive and dynamic law firm that has an entrepreneurial spirit and you will be part of a law firm and team of lawyers that enjoy what they do.
Also on offer are client secondments, assistance with post graduate studies, interstate secondments, paid professional memberships, the ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, the opportunity to be involved in pro bono matters, sporting & social activities.
Our client is a meritocracy and promotes entirely on merit.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19148
Phone: (02) 8227 7207