The firm & The Role
Our client is a major commercial law firm with a leading environment & planning team and they are looking to recruit a lawyer at around 2 to 4 years pae.
Working closely with an industry leading partner, you will be given high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. You will have carriage of your own matters and you will be going to court on a frequent basis.
This role will see you:
- Undertaking advocacy in the Land & Environment Court;
- Being exposed to planning appeals;
- Working on enforcements & judicial reviews;
- Undertaking prosecutions;
- Providing advice in relation to developments, contaminated land and heritage sites;
- Advising on major property developments
This is a busy and growing team and you will be challenged on a daily basis.
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate will have:
- Around 2 to 5 years pae experience in environment & planning law
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing and advisory skills
- Experience appearing in the Land & Environment Court
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Drafting and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think outside the box
- Enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and take on responsibility
Culture & Benefits
Our client is proud of its excellent working culture. The partners are committed to providing first class legal services as well as providing a working environment that is dynamic, forward thinking and progressive. The partners promote a culture of inclusiveness and diversity.
Other benefits include access to internal and external learning and development programmes, post graduate study assistance, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, opportunity to become involved in pro bono matters.
Our client also promotes a work/life balance and flexible working arrangements.
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19306
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 29 May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.