- Newly created growth role
- No shortage of work
- Genuine career progression
The firm & The Role
Our client is a major commercial law firm with a leading environment & planning team and they are looking to recruit a lawyer with at least 3 years post admission experience up to Senior Associate level.
Working closely with an industry leading partner, you will be given high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. You will have carriage of your own matters and you will be going to court on a frequent basis.
This role will see you:
- Undertaking advocacy in the Land & Environment Court;
- Being exposed to planning appeals;
- Working on enforcements & judicial reviews;
- Undertaking prosecutions;
- Providing advice in relation to developments, contaminated land and heritage sites;
- Advising on major property developments
The role has come about due to growth and a strong pipeline of work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years post admission experience in environment & planning law
- Attention to detail, strong drafting skills and advisory skills
- Experience appearing in the Land & Environment Court
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed team but also autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think outside the box
- Enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and take on responsibility
Culture & Benefits
On offer is a generous salary package plus bonuses.
Our client is proud of its excellent working culture. The partners are committed to providing first class legal services as well as providing a working environment that is dynamic, forward thinking and progressive. The partners promote a culture of inclusiveness and diversity.
Other benefits include access to internal and external learning and development programmes, post graduate study assistance, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, opportunity to become involved in pro bono matters.
The firm's social calendar is active and lawyers at all levels are encouraged to attend client events and foster strong relationships with their clients.
Our client also promotes a work/life balance and flexible working arrangements.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT22096
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Marianna Tuccia is a former lawyer and is passionate about helping lawyers in their next career move. If the above role isn't what you are looking for, reach out to her so she can assist you in finding the right one!