The Firm & The Role
Our client is a commercial law firm with one of Australia's premier environment & planning teams. The partners of this group consistently top the legal tables and have a varied client base of local councils, developers, government agencies, property & construction companies, individuals. The partners are looking to recruit an experienced environment & planning lawyer for their busy team.
Working closely with industry leading partners, you will be given high levels of autonomy and be responsible for building strong relationships with key clients.
This role will see you:
- Undertaking advocacy in the Land & Environment Court;
- Being exposed to planning appeals;
- Working on enforcements & judicial reviews;
- Undertaking prosecutions, including criminal prosecutions
- Providing advice in relation to developments, contaminated land and heritage sites;
- Advising on major property developments
- Advising on climate change
- Advising on power, resources and infrastructure projects
The quality of the work is second to none.
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years pae experience in environment & planning law
- Experience in appearing in the Land & Environment Court
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Drafting and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise more junior members of the team
- Ability to assist the partners in the further growth of the team
- Drive, ambition and a strong work ethic
Culture & Benefits
Our client is proud of its excellent working culture. The partners are committed to providing first class legal services as well as providing a working environment that is dynamic, forward thinking and progressive. The partners promote a culture of inclusiveness and diversity.
Other benefits include access to internal and external learning and development programmes, post graduate study assistance, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, opportunity to become involved in pro bono matters.
As this is a senior role, there is a clear and transparent career path.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19988
Phone: 0422 671 673