National Professional Services organisation with a Brisbane Head office who are recognised as one of the most reputable organisations within their industry. This is a people business and the focus is on outcomes and service. It's about being a market leader.
This is a true career role that will provide challenge and growth to the right person who embraces the opportunity for change and who can think outside the square to improve and better systems. The organisation has a low staff turnover the offices are located in the CBD and the culture is what makes this organisation so successful.
You will work closely with the Managing Partner, managing a team of two direct reports in the finance and operations areas. This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated individual with drive and passion for contributing to the success of a business using their exceptional accounting and commerce skills. You will play an instrumental role in developing and improving business systems and productivity within the business.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for financial analysis and reporting, including provision of cashflow projections, breakeven analysis, budgets and forecasts aligned with business strategy, statutory compliance and leadership within your space. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the provision of accurate and timely financial reporting including income statements, cashflow statements and balance sheet
- Ensuring all statutory reporting and requirements are finalised in a timely and accurate manner
- Review of all contracts and commercial terms with suppliers and clients
- Supervision of internal and contractor payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable and maintaining good debtor controls
- Managing external relationships for debt collection when required
- Maintain close focus on internal controls and management and implement improvements where required
- Liaising with and reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including all business partners and external Accountants and Legal Advisors
- Provide ongoing development and support to staff within the finance and operations team
- Maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with the national team
- Degree qualification in accounting
- At least 5 years' experience in a Financial/Commercial Accounting capacity within a professional service organisation and corporate environment
- Excellent leaderships skills with demonstratable experience managing and coaching a team
- Strong understanding of payroll systems and data bases
- Strong understanding of Accounting Standards
- Experience in implementing new software systems, including payroll and accounting software
- CPA or CA qualified with commercial business experience and acumen
- Exceptional work ethic (going above and beyond)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
We look forward to receiving your application. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.