The Client & The Role
Our client is a commercial law firm with an enviable client base of financial services companies, financial advisers, fund managers, trustees, lenders, accountants. Due to new clients and new instructions, they are seeking to appoint a financial services lawyer with at least 8 years pae.
The role will involve you advising clients in relation to regulatory and compliance requirements in relation to:
- Australian financial services licensing;
- CML/AML as well as privacy legislation;
- Product disclosure statements;
- Enforcement and disciplinary action taken by regulators such as ASIC and APRA;
- Risk management.
As this is a senior role you have autonomy and client responsibility and there is a genuine career path to partnership.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 8 years' experience in financial services law; experience gained from a regulator or in-house are encouraged to apply;
- Writing and advisory skills;
- The ability to think outside the box;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities;
- Team focus - enjoy working as part of a high performing team;
- Client management skills;
- Ability to work independently.
Culture & Benefits
Our client pays its lawyers competitively and they have a superb working culture. At this firm you will have a work/life balance.
Our client also boasts the latest technology and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, client and interstate secondments, paid professional memberships, the ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19234
Phone: (02) 8227 7207