Partner level role. Join a well-established commercial law firm. Enjoy autonomy, responsibility and build your profile and client base at this firm. Advisory, regulatory and compliance work.
The Firm & The Role
Our client is a well established law firm and they are growing their financial services/regulatory team. With an excellent reputation in the marketplace, this firm is recognised for its excellence and commercial approach to providing legal services. The firm has a blue chip client base and this particular team acts for major banks, financial services companies, superannuation companies, payment providers and ASX-Listed companies.
Our client is seeking a lawyer with at least 8 years pqe to join their Financial Services/Regulatory team in their Sydney office. You will work with experienced partners who and the work will include:
- Advising on Australian financial services licensing
- Advising on the financial regulatory changes in Australia
- Advising on consumer credit and retail banking law
- Advising on PPSR
- Advising on CTF/AML as well as privacy legislation
- Advising on regulated financial products
- Advising on electronic banking and payments
- Advising on the enforcement and disciplinary action taken by regulators
- Acting on mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector
- Advising on product disclosure requirements under the Corporations Law
- M&A transactions in the managed funds and superannuation industries
- Private equity transaction in the managed funds and superannuation industries
- Advising on directors' liabilities and directors duties
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 8 years' experience in financial services law; experience gained from a regulator or in-house are encouraged to apply
- You will be either a Partner or Special Counsel or a Senior Financial Services Lawyer aiming to be a partner
- A client following or strong network is desirable
- The ability to think outside the square
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Team focus - you enjoy working as part of a high performing team
- Client management and people skills
- Ability to supervise and mentor more junior lawyers
- Ability to work independently as well as working as part of a team
- Ability to business develop, market and further grow the financial services/regulatory team
Culture & Benefits
Our client pays its lawyers at the top of the market and they have a wonderful working culture. At this firm you will have a work/life balance. Part-time opportunities are also available.
This is the perfect opportunity for the senior financial services lawyer who wants to join a supportive and progressive environment and further grow their financial services profile and their financial services practice.
Our client also boasts the latest technology and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
Other benefits include paid professional memberships, the ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19963
Phone: 0422 671 673