FLOAT LEGAL ASSISTANT
- A role with variety to work across all practice groups within the firm
- Inclusive culture that recognises and respects individual and team performance
- Competitive salary up to $70,000 package
This prestigious global top-tier law firm is well known for advising many of the biggest and most ambitious companies across the world. With a national presence in Australia, the firm provides specialist advice across banking and financial services, corporate/M&A, disputes resolution, restructuring and insolvency, employment, energy and resources, construction, and intellectual property.
The Melbourne office is experiencing an exciting period of growth and due to a recent promotion, the office is seeking an enthusiastic and driven legal assistant to join the secretarial team in a float capacity.
As a float legal assistant, you will be an integral member of the team to provide a high level of support to other legal secretaries, partners and senior fee earners across all practice groups.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing diaries and schedules including meetings and travel arrangements
- Answering and screening internal and external calls for your allocated team
- Organising correspondence and preparing documents
- Working directly with clients and assisting with business development activities
- Managing files including opening and closing files
- Billing and client reporting
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have previous legal administration experience in a law firm, as well as:
- Demonstrated experience as a legal assistant supporting lawyers and other fee earners
- Strong technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, IT systems and a fast-typing speed
- Experience with billing processes and billing software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Professional presentation and a positive and proactive attitude
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Attractive salary up to $70,000 package on offer depending on experience
- Wide range of employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, free travel insurance, salary package options, discounted health and wellbeing programs and study leave just to name a few
- World-class professional development opportunities
- Inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity to work on complex and market leading matters
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button and submit your CV in a Word format. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: SL20222
Phone: 0422 420 072