Our client is an award-winning Australian insurance company with over 1000 staff nationally, who have built a culture of high performance, high integrity and innovation.
Utilise your exiting skills and achieve, drive and embed quality and best practice as Head of Internal Audit.
You will have energy, motivation and responsibility for providing strategic and operational leadership in the delivery of objectives.
Reporting to the Group General Counsel, your specific duties will include:
- providing strategic advice and guidance to Business Units in relation to projects, initiatives and processes;
- managing the planning and execution of the audit program from end-to-end, including allocation of Team resources, preparing and reviewing working papers, documenting and evaluating controls, and conducting audit tests;
- establishing relevant policies and procedures to guide the Internal Audit program, and facilitate the alignment of internal controls with line manager responsibilities;
- conducting special reviews and investigations across the company, including coordinating and/or performing fraud and other special reviews as required;
- reporting on the status and providing summaries on the Internal Audit function to relevant internal and Board committees;
- communicating with stakeholders regarding findings, risk recommendations and progress of assignments and monitoring the implementation of corrective actions;
- providing recommendations on the budget and delivering financial objectives within the approved allocations;
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, including CA/CPA and CIA certification;
- 5+ years' experience in a similar position within a professional services environment;
- Specific experience in the Banking, Finance & Insurance and/or Technology industry, and associated understanding and knowledge of the current and emerging regulatory, commercial, technology and operational trends is highly desirable.
- Leadership and management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively lead, engage and develop others;
- Demonstrated ability to add value through consulting and insights;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with Executive and/or Board stakeholders;
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: AD12133
Phone: (07) 3231 1223