Hourly rate till August
Brisbane or Sydney location
This role has responsibility for assisting with the provision of corporate, commercial legal governance advice. Tasked with understanding the legal and regulatory obligations and various industry issues insofar as they impact the members and policyholders.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal you will be responsible for delivering legal advice and support across all of the business streams. The PD is typical for a role of this nature, incorporating all commercial matters. The role is embracing of flexibility and open to a potential four day per week candidate.
The principle purposes of the position are to:
- Undertake the review of material to ensure legal compliance.
- Provide corporate legal, commercial and governance advice
- Contracts drafting, review and negotiation.
- Statutory interpretation and advice on legislative reform
- Litigation support for corporate litigation.
You will have
- You will excel in this role if you are commercially minded with a proven track record of in-house success, daily you will assist the business to achieve their financial goals and strive for best practice in industry. You will be accountable, energetic, calm and mature.
- You understand what strategy is and how to assist the implementation. In addition:
- People see you as technically brilliant lawyer
- You look for continual improvement and can establish systems and processes that are commercial and work well with the broader business
- You have in-house gravitas from an industrial or construction business
- You know how to work with internal teams and are able to work with the peaks and troughs of mergers and acquisitions
- Further, you will be described as:
- Understand best practice and how to work to deadlines/timelines and get buy in from the business
- Able to make decisions and stand by them
- For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
- Alison Dart
- Ref No: AD19472
Phone: 0411 64902
- Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format.