Our client is a well-regarded organisation with an in-house legal team who are recognised for providing high quality and commercially focused and dispute management advice to the business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced senior litigation lawyer to join their team on a 12 month maternity leave contract. Reporting to the senior leadership team, you will provide strategic and high-quality legal advice to the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing litigation matters on behalf of the team, including briefing counsel
- Provide advice on complex legal, legislative and policy issues and proposals
- Drafting and review a range of legal and legislative documentation, contracts and agreements including development of precedents
- Negotiate and manage litigation matters in various jurisdictions
- Providing support, advice and assistance to the broader group legal team
- Prepare reports briefs and correspondence on legal issues and proposals
To be successful you will:
- Hold an LLB
- Be admitted to practice law in an Australian State with a current practicing certificate
- Hold a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Proven experience dealing with litigation complex litigation matters
- Knowledge of administrative law with strong research and analytical skills
Our client offers a range of great benefits, offering their staff flexible working conditions, encouraging wellbeing at all levels and stand by a work hard play hard model.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: ST2743
Phone: (03) 8602 7404