- Leading Insolvency & Restructuring team
- Strong pipeline of work
- Clear progression path
The Firm & Role
Our client is a major corporate law firm. The partners are leaders in their field and always rank highly in the legal tables in their respective areas of expertise. This firm acts for clients local and international clients, ASX-listed companies, insolvency practitioners, practitioners, trustees, receivers, secured creditors, administrators, non-bank lenders as well as major banks.
Due to a strong pipeline of work, our client is looking to recruit a 2 to 4 year pae Restructuring & Insolvency lawyer. The work will be a mix of front-end and back-end work and it will include:
- working on insolvencies, administrations, liquidations, receiverships
- advising on directors obligations and personal insolvencies
- winding up applications
- restructures and workouts
- preference claims
- advising on corporate distress
- advising on insolvent trading claims
You will have high levels of responsibility and autonomy, fostering strong client relationships whilst still having partner access. This is a superb opportunity to build your profile in the insolvency space.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years plus pae in the area of insolvency related disputes, advantageous would be experience in restructures and work-outs but this is not essential
- Excellent technical skills
- Insolvency litigation and advisory skills
- Drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client's working culture is progressive and forward thinking. This law firm is known for it's positive and collaborative culture.
On offer is an above market salary package and a healthy incentive scheme.
As well as a generous salary package, there will be assistance with post graduate studies, payments of CLEs, opportunity to participate in sporting and social activities, opportunity to take part in pro bono work, the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, flexible work practices, state of the art resources that makes working from home seamless.
The partners truly invest in their lawyers and progression is a reality for the ambitious experienced lawyer.
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19304
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 29 May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.