The firm & role
Our client is a leading international law firm. The partners are leaders in their field and always rank highly in the legal tables in their respective areas of expertise. This insolvency team acts for major banks, ASX-listed companies, insolvency practitioners, practitioners, trustees, receivers, secured creditors, administrators.
Due to a strong pipeline of work, our client is looking to recruit a Senior Associate level insolvency lawyer. A flavour of the work will incluse:
- working on insolvencies, administrations, liquidations, receiverships
- advising on directors obligations and personal insolvencies
- winding up applications
- restructures and workouts
- preference claims
- advising on corporate distress
- advising on insolvent trading claims
You will work closely with the partners but at the same time you will have responsibility and autonomy and you will play a pivotal role in the further growth of the practice. You will also be the type of lawyer who enjoys mentoring more junior lawyers.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years plus pae in the area of insolvency related disputes, advantageous would be experience in restructures and work-outs
- Insolvency litigation and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has one of the most supportive, progressive and collaborative working cultures in Australia.
Progression is based on merit only and lawyers who perform are rewarded.
On offer is an absolute top of market leading salary. Other benefits include assistance with post graduate study, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave, social and sporting activities. Lastly, there is opportunity for client secondments as well as international secondments.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19199
Phone: (02) 8227 7207