Our client is a pre-eminent commercial law firm with a first class reputation in the insurance space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, they are looking to appoint an experienced insurance lawyer with at the Associate to Senior Associate level.
Our client acts for local and international insurance companies, self-insureds, insurance brokers, major corporations, financial services companies, fund managers, trustees, government agencies, superannuation companies.
This opportunity will see you having 'hands on experience' and you will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. You will deal directly with clients, brief Counsel and run your own practice. As an experienced insurance lawyer you will be running matters in the following areas:
- Professional indemnity litigation
- Public liability matters
- Construction and engineering risk claims
- Financial lines litigation
- D&O claims
- Property damage claims
- Business interruption claims
- Fraud claims
- Product liability litigation
This role will also see you fostering strong relationships with the clients and supervising junior lawyers in the team. You will also play an important part in the further growth of the group.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years plus pae in the area of insurance law/professional indemnity law
- Litigation and advisory skills
- Ability to run multi-party litigation
- Negotiation skills
- Client management and people skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior lawyers
Benefits & Culture
On offer is an absolute top of market salary package. Other benefits include flexible working arrangements, post graduate study assistance and leave for further education, client secondments, internal learning and development programmes.
Join a culture that is entrepreneurial, egalitarian and progressive.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19985
Phone: 0422 671 673