Senior lawyer role. Commercial law firm. Partner access. Run your own matters. Have client contact. Build your profile and practice. Competitive salary package.
- Busy team with a strong pipeline of work
- Partners have an open door policy
- Top of market salary + flexibility
The Role & The Firm
Our client is a well-established commercial law firm. They have an outstanding reputation in the insurance and litigation space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, the firm is looking to recruit a talented insurance lawyer at the 5 year plus pae level.
Clients include insurers, brokers, ASX-listed companies, self-insureds, construction companies, life insurance companies, contractors, sub-contractors, principals.
You will have the opportunity to work on a broad mix of work:
- construction risk claims
- construction litigation matters
- public liability matters
- product liability matters
- general liability matters eg occupiers liability
- life insurance, TPD and superannuation claims
As an experienced lawyer you will have carriage of matters, attend court, brief counsel, manage client relationships, foster strong client relationships.
The matters will be interesting and challenging and this is an ideal environment in which to learn and develop your career. You will be working closely with a well-respected partner and the other senior members of the team. This team is inclusive and collaborative and your career will be nurtured and developed.
The partners at this firm are well known for their client focus, their pragmatism and their ability to achieve outstanding results for their clients. Their accessibility and approachability means that this team is never short of work.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years pae experience in the area of insurance litigation, experience with construction claims would be advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Drafting and advising skills
- Strong litigation and strategy skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Drive, enthusiasm and a 'can do' attitude
Culture & Benefits
Our client has a superb working culture. The culture is friendly, progressive and dynamic. Our client is proud of its initiatives regarding inclusion and equality.
Progression is based on merit only and strong performance is rewarded.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, the ability to purchase additional leave, the ability to salary sacrifice, sporting and social activities, access to internal and external career development programmes, payment of membership fees for professional associations.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20247
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 8 January 2021. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.