- Broad mix of insurance matters
- High levels of client responsibility
- Top of market salary + flexibility
Our client is one of Australia's leading law firm with an excellent reputation in the insurance space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, they are looking to appoint an experienced Insurance lawyer with at the senior level. You will be a Senior Associate or a Special Counsel.
Our client acts for local and international insurance companies, self-insureds, insurance brokers, major corporations, financial services companies, fund managers, trustees, government agencies, superannuation companies.
This opportunity will see you having 'hands on experience' and you will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. As an experienced insurance lawyer you will be running matters in the following areas:
- Professional indemnity litigation
- Public liability matters
- Construction and engineering risk claims
- Financial lines litigation
- D&O claims
- Property damage claims
- Business interruption claims
- Fraud claims
- Product liability litigation
This role will also see you fostering excellent relationships with the clients, supervising and mentoring more junior members of the team and playing an important role in further building the practice group. As the team is not top heavy, there are genuine prospects of progressing your career to partnership.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years plus pae in the area of insurance law, experience with professional indemnity matters would be advantageous
- Litigation and strategy skills
- Ability to run multi-party litigation
- Drafting, advisory, negotiation, mediation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior lawyers
- Ability to business develop and undertake marketing initiatives
- Drive, ambition and an enthusiasm for practising law differently
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market leading salary package, the option for part-time as well as flexible working arrangements.
Our client is proud of its working culture and is known as an employer of choice. The culture is supportive, collaborative, dynamic and forward thinking.
On offer is a market leading salary, flexible working arrangements, post graduate study assistance, paid parental leave, the opportunity to become involved in pro bono matters, client secondments, career development programmes, leadership programmes, the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on financial products, days off for volunteering, internal wellness programmes.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18878
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 22 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.