Our client is a national law firm and they are leaders in the insurance space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, they are looking to recruit a talented lawyer insurance lawyer at the 2 to 5 year pae level.
Our client acts for local and international insurance companies, self-insureds, insurance brokers, major corporations, financial services companies, fund managers, trustees, government agencies, superannuation companies, construction companies, engineering and electrical companies, project consultants, architects and architectural firms.
This opportunity will see you having 'hands on experience' and you will be given freedom and autonomy to work on smaller matters and work in a collaborative team on much larger matters. A flavour of the work will include:
- Construction and engineering risk claims
- Strata defects claims
- Advising on the coverage of construction policies
- Property damage claims
- Building defect claims
- Professional indemnity litigation
- Business interruption claims
- Design defect claims
- Product liability claims
This is very much a 'hands on' role where you will draft pleadings, attend court, manage client relationships, brief counsel, prepare advices on liability and quantum. The partners at this firm have an open door policy and love nothing more than developing and investing in their lawyers.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years plus pae in the area of insurance law/professional indemnity law, advantageous would be experience with construction and engineering risk claims
- Litigation, drafting and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal and client management skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a highly competitive salary and other benefits such flexible working arrangements, post graduate study assistance and leave for further education, client secondments, internal learning and development programmes, payment for conferences and events, payment for membership of professional associations.
Our client is proud of it's initiatives regarding inclusion and diversity.
Join a culture that is entrepreneurial, egalitarian and progressive.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19086
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 23 April 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.