Our client is a leading mid-tier law firm with an excellent reputation in the insurance space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, they are looking to appoint an experienced Insurance lawyer with at least 4 years post admission experience.
Our client acts for local and international insurance companies, self-insureds, insurance brokers, major corporations, financial services companies, fund managers, trustees, government agencies, superannuation companies.
This opportunity will see you having 'hands on experience' and you will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. As an experienced insurance lawyer you will be running matters in the following areas:
- Professional indemnity litigation
- Public liability matters
- Construction and engineering risk claims
- Financial lines litigation
- D&O claims
- Property damage claims
- Business interruption claims
- Fraud claims
- Product liability litigation
This role will also see you fostering excellent relationships with the clients, supervising and mentoring more junior members of the team and playing an important role in further building the practice group.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years plus pae in the area of insurance law
- Litigation and advisory skills
- Ability to run multi-party litigation
- Negotiation skills
- Client management and people skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior lawyers
Benefits & Culture
Our client is proud of its working culture. It is one of the best working cultures in Sydney: professional yet down to earth, inclusive, collaborative, forward thinking.
On offer is a market leading salary, flexible working arrangements, post graduate study assistance, the opportunity to become involved in pro bono matters, client secondments, career development programmes, the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
As this is a senior role, there is a transparent (and genuine) partnership track is on offer.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19444
Phone: (02) 8227 7207