Our client is a national law firm and they are leaders in the insurance space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, they are looking to recruit a talented lawyer at either the Associate or Senior Associate level to work on interesting and complex professional indemnity matters.
Our client acts for local and international insurance companies, self-insureds, insurance brokers, major corporations, financial services companies, fund managers, trustees, government agencies, superannuation companies, construction companies, health-care providers.
This opportunity will see you having 'hands on experience' and you will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. As an experienced insurance lawyer you will be running matters in the following areas:
- Professional indemnity litigation
- Construction and engineering risk claims
- Financial lines litigation
- D&O claims
- Property damage claims
- Business interruption claims
- Fraud claims
- Product liability litigation
- Class actions and regulatory disputes especially in the health-care sector
This is very much a 'hands on' role where you will draft pleadings, attend court, manage client relationships, brief counsel, prepare advices on liability and quantum. The partners at this firm have an open door policy and love nothing more than developing their lawyers.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years plus pae in the area of insurance law/professional indemnity law
- Litigation, drafting and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm, a passion for the law and energy
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a highly competitive salary and other benefits such flexible working arrangements, post graduate study assistance and leave for further education, client secondments, internal learning and development programmes, payment for conferences and events, payment for membership of professional associations.
Our client is proud of it's initiatives regarding inclusion and diversity.
Join a culture that is entrepreneurial, egalitarian and progressive.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20049
Phone: 0422 671 673