Our client is one of Australia's leading law firm with an excellent reputation in the insurance space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, they are looking to appoint an experienced Insurance lawyer with at the senior level. You will be a Senior Associate or a Special Counsel.
Our client acts for local and international insurance companies, self-insureds, insurance brokers, major corporations, financial services companies, fund managers, trustees, government agencies, superannuation companies.
This opportunity will see you having 'hands on experience' and you will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. As an experienced insurance lawyer you will be running matters in the following areas:
- Professional indemnity litigation
- Public liability matters
- Construction and engineering risk claims
- Financial lines litigation
- D&O claims
- Property damage claims
- Business interruption claims
- Fraud claims
- Product liability litigation
This role will also see you fostering excellent relationships with the clients, supervising and mentoring more junior members of the team and playing an important role in further building the practice group. As the team is not top heavy, there are genuine prospects of progressing your career to partnership.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years plus pae in the area of insurance law/professional indemnity law
- Litigation and strategy skills
- Ability to run multi-party litigation
- Drafting, advisory, negotiation, mediation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior lawyers
- Ability to business develop and undertake marketing initiatives
- Drive and ambition
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market leading salary package, the option for part-time as well as flexible working arrangements.
Our client is proud of its working culture. It is one of the best working cultures in Sydney: professional yet down to earth, inclusive, collaborative, forward thinking. It is a culture which will allow you to grow and develop.
On offer is a market leading salary, flexible working arrangements, post graduate study assistance, the opportunity to become involved in pro bono matters, client secondments, career development programmes, the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on financial products, days off for volunteering, wellness programmes.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20046
Phone: 0422 671 673