Flexible working arrangements! Lots of responsibility. Foster strong client relationships.
The Role & The Firm
Our client is a boutique law firm and due to new clients and new instructions, the firm is looking to recruit a litigation lawyer with at least 3 years pae. Clients include start-ups, SMEs, high net worth individuals, creatives, larger corporations.
As an experienced litigator you will work on a broad range of matters:
- intellectual property litigation
- breach of copyright
- copyright claims, trade mark infringements and trade mark enforcements
- breach of confidentiality, misleading & deceptive conduct disputes
- general commercial litigation
- breach of contract matters
- breach of restraint of trade clauses
- debt recovery
- equitable disputes
As an experienced lawyer you will be given genuine responsibility eg attend court, brief counsel, attend client meetings.
The matters will be interesting and often complex. This is an excellent environment in which to develops your skills and experience with partner accessibility. You will be working in a team that is supportive, friendly and positive.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years pae experience in the area of litigation, experience with intellectual property disputes will be advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Drafting and advising skills
- Strong litigation and strategy skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Drive, enthusiasm and a 'can do' attitude
Culture & Benefits
Our client has a team culture where collaboration and support are cornerstones of their working environment. Our client is proud of its initiatives in relation to learning and development and the investment of their lawyers.
Progression is based on merit only and strong performance is rewarded.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, the ability to purchase additional leave, the ability to salary sacrifice, access to internal and external career development programmes, payment of membership fees for professional associations, payment of networking events and conferences. Lastly, our clients have agile work practices.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18718
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 1 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.