A Large Government client is seeking an experienced J2EE Developer for a 12-month contract to be based out of their Brisbane CBD office.
Reporting to the Director of Terminology and Tooling, the Developer, Tooling takes responsibility for providing the Agency with experienced software development and infrastructure capabilities, combined with terminology technology expertise. This role's key focus is to develop, maintain and operate tooling and technical services required to develop terminologies, assist others to develop and customise terminologies, and use and implement terminologies in line with Agency objectives.
- Provide sound technical advice pertaining to software development and clinical terminology related tooling.
- Participate in project work & ensure technical integrity of monthly terminology releases.
- Provide support to the Clinical Terminology team by identifying solutions to evolving requirements.
- Develop quality software including the in-house Lingo, Serge and NCTS software products, to enable terminology authoring capability.
- Ensure the stability and quality of the production authoring and distribution systems.
- Participate in the testing of software; ensuring completed work correctly meets requirements and is in accordance with agreed designs.
- Effective management of development activities.
- Scope and identify functional areas of upcoming work/projects.
- Provide technical expertise to applications staff in the configuration, testing and implementation of new/enhanced software systems..
- Work with Product Support team to develop and deliver technical and implementation resources and support for vendors.
- Ad hoc development support to other developer teams within the branch (where skills appropriate).
- Production Java Enterprise (J2EE) systems development in an Agile environment
- Data modelling, associative data models and non-relational databases
- AWS & Cloud Infrastructure
- using Atlassian development tool suite
- JBoss/Wildfly application server
- Software configuration management systems
- Developing Web applications
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact
Shane Driver - Email: email@example.com - Phone: 0431 545 882
Please send CVs in Microsoft Word format only. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.