This member owned organisation has close to 100,000 members, 500 staff and net assets of over $1 billion.
One of Australia's largest medical defence organizations, with an objective to be the business and career partner of its members in:
- Medico-legal protection and risk management advisory services.
- Support, advice, and legal representation for doctors in the event of a claim or complaint.
- Private Health and other insurance products.
- Education, research, and training programs.
- Opportunity to provide corporate, commercial, financial services legal advice and governance advice.
- Be tasked with understanding the legal and regulatory obligations and various industry issues insofar as they impact the members and policyholders.
- Reports directly to the Head of Legal you will be responsible for delivering legal advice and support across all the business streams.
- Assist the business with its growth initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Successful track record in an in-house corporate legal capacity.
- Private practice experience in providing commercial legal advice.
- Skills in commercial acumen, stakeholder management and people management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
What's on offer.
- Work with inhouse lawyers who have gained a strong industry reputation.
- Opportunity to work autonomously and within a team.
- Work in an environment that encourages progression.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: AD21222
Phone: (07) 3231 1223
Applications close 6 February 2021. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.