Our client is one Australia's most well-respected organisations with an in-house legal team who are recognised for providing high quality and commercially focused legal advice to the business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Counsel to join their team and provide pragmatic and astute legal services. Reporting to the Head of Legal and Company Secretary, you will provide strategic and high-quality legal advice to the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex agreements
- Negotiate complex commercial relationships
- Advising on and assisting with the implementation of strategic business initiatives
- Provide advice on a range of legal, regulatory and corporate governance services to the business and its related entities
- Providing support, advice and assistance to the broader team
- Regular briefings on current matters and escalating issues of significance
To be successful you will:
- Admitted as a lawyer in Australia with a current practicing certificate
- Hold experience as a Legal Counsel or Senior Associate or equivalent in general commercial/financial services area
- Minimum of 3 years post admission experience
- Experience in working with Boards or Company secretary
- Proficient in the delivery of legal services gained within a large commercial law firm or an in-house legal team of a large organisation
- Good commercial acumen, and strong drafting, reviewing and negotiating skills
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Our client offers a range of great benefits and values the health and wellbeing of their employees, offering their staff flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels. The encourage professional development and events and have award winning facilities for their staff.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM18920
Phone: (07) 3231 1207