The Organisation & The Role
Our client is a federal government agency and they looking to appoint multiple litigation lawyers with at least 3 years post admission experience to undertake and assist with major and high profile litigation. These roles are at the APS6 level. Theses roles are based at their Sydney office in the CBD area.
There is a potential option to extend the contract for a further 6-12months.
The duties expected of an APS6 Lawyer include:
- Regulatory litigation or coronial inquest experience
- analysing large volumes of material
- evidence gathering
- witness preparation
- running of a matter to trial or hearing
- briefing Counsels
- interlocutory processes including the determination of privileged material
- Develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will need solid litigation experience (3+yrs) on large disputes or experience with public law litigation. You will have a professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
An ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders is essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
Our Opinion & The Benefits
This is an opportunity to work on important work and there is ample opportunity for you to be mentored, develop and build on your legal skills. The working environment is
inclusive, collaborative and supportive. This is an opportunity to work with a group of high calibre lawyers who deeply passionate about what they do.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20016
Phone: 0422 671 673