- Collaborative team environment
- Partner access
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development
The Firm & The Role
This national law firm has a stand-out reputation in the area of litigation, insurance claims and commercial disputes. The partners in this team attract quality work and have a strong corporate client base that will continusously give them repeat instructions and new matters. There is always a strong pipeline of work.
Clients of the firm include local and international clients, financial services companies, clients in the transport, building & construction, property, manufacturing sectors, insurers, liquidators and insolvency practitioners, government agencies, litigation funders.
Due to a strong pipeline of work and projections for growth, the firm is looking to recruit a litigator with around 1 to 3 years pae experience.
A flavour of the work will include:
- general commercial disputes
- insurance litigation
- property damage claims
- building defect disputes
- construction disputes
- indemnity disputes
- subrogated claims
- large defect disputes
This role will see you having responsibility, client contact, briefing counsel, going to court, drafting pleadings etc. You will have high levels of responsibility, work autonomously as well as part of a team. The matters will always be interesting and often complex.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Around 1 to 3 years plus pae in the area of disputes, advantageous would experience with construction or insurance disputes
- Litigation, strategy, drafting and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Drive, strong work ethic and ambition
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market salary package.
Our client has one of the best working cultures in Australia. The culture is progressive, innovative and forward thinking. Our client is proud of its initiatives regarding inclusion and diversion.
Progression is based on merit only, strong performance is rewarded.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies and study leave, the ability to purchase additional leave, the ability to salary sacrifice and flexible working arrangements which includes work from home. During lockdown, every-one is working from home.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT20186
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.