- Join a growing commercial law firm
- Client contact, hit the ground running, lots of responsibility
- Innovative, constantly evolving and inclusive law firm
The Firm & The Role
Our client is a growing commercial law firm. Due to a strong pipeline of work and new clients they are looking for a disputes lawyer with experience in commercial disputes.
This law firm acts for a broad mix of clients eg major corporations, SMEs, start-ups, creatives, international corporations, high net worth individuals. This law firm prides itself on the quality of the work, their innovative approach to legal services and their outstanding and collaborative working culture.
This is an ideal role for the lawyer with at least 2 years pae. A flavour of the work will include:
- General commercial disputes
- Debt recovery/insolvency
- Property, leasing and construction disputes
- Breach of contract matters
- IT disputes
- Breach of restraints of trade
- Breach of confidentiality
- IP disputes eg breach of copyright
- Equity disputes
You will be working closely with two partners and their clients. Although 'hands on' and although you will be given responsibility from the get go, there will be access to development and mentoring. The partners have an open door policy and are accessible. They genuinely enjoy developing their lawyers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years plus pae in the area of commercial litigation
- Litigation, research and advisory skills
- Drafting and negotiation skills
- Creative thinking
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to learn and enthusiasm
- Genuine passion for progressing your career in the area of litigation
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market leading salary package.
The firm is committed to providing a work/life balance for their lawyers. Our client also has a supportive and collaborative working environment. The working environment is progressive and forward thinking. Our client is proud of its initiatives in gender inclusion and diversity.
Progression is based on merit only and lawyers who perform are rewarded.
Other benefits include access to external training programmes, assistance with post graduate studies, payment of membership fees of professional associations.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT22149
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Marianna Tuccia is a former lawyer and is passionate about helping lawyers in their next career move. If the above role isn't what you are looking for, reach out to her so she can assist you in finding the right one!