CA or CPA qualified accountant with strong management and financial accounting in professional services or auditing. Analytical role in a national law firm.
- Strong focus on business partnering and stakeholder management
- Analyse the business financial performance
- Permanent full-time position based in Melbourne CBD
Empire Group has partnered with a leading national law firm based in the CBD. This firm prides themselves on their professional working environment where everyone works to a common goal of providing high levels of customer service for their clients. They have dedicated practice groups providing an end-to-end service.
As Management Accountant, you will be reporting to the Financial Performance & Analysis Manager.
You will be working across all aspects of financial and management accounting and be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining financial accounting and tax compliance policies and practices, ensuring alignment with Australian accounting standards, compliance with tax legislation and other external reporting requirements.
Some of main duties include:
- Analysis of business performance including against budget
- Management of cash flow and forecasting
- Preparation of GL journals, GL reconciliations and variance analysis
- Management of the GL including maintenance of the chart of accounts and data structures
- Preparation of periodic management accounts and associated reporting
- Management of month-end, year-end close and provision of information for preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of statutory returns and reports including tax returns, ABS and other surveys, FBT return, Payroll Tax return, lodge monthly BAS
- Production of Bank Compliance statements
- Review and maintain the organisation's cash flow model
- Management of profit distribution
To be successful in this position you will ideally have:
- CA or CPA qualification IS ESSENTIAL
- Solid post qualification experience in a professional services or auditing firm is highly desirable
- Management accounting experience with a strong business partnering approach
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package
- Be part of a firm that invests heavily in their employees and are well known for their supportive and collaborative culture
- Access to wide range of employee benefits including flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, continuous learning and professional development opportunities and wellness and fitness program
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button or email firstname.lastname@example.org direct. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: SL130121
Phone: (03) 8602 7405
Applications close 13 February 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.