Manager - Risk & Compliance
The Firm & The Role
Our client is a leading corporate law firm and they lead the way in delivering legal services. The partners of this law firm are consistently ranked at the top of the legal tables in their areas of practice.
The firm has a stellar client base and acts for major corporations (both local and international), ASX-listed companies, financial services companies, all of the major banks, superannuation companies, property developers, real estate and construction companies, mining companies, energy & resource companies, as examples.
Our client has now created a new role in their management team for an experience risk & compliance professional. To design, implement and lead the firm's risk and compliance strategy and policy framework, processes and systems, in order that best practice is met as well as regulatory obligations. This role will also see you overseeing risk management across the firm, planning and designing a risk management process and systems, ensure firm and employee compliance with internal policies and procedures, lead investigations and report on compliance breaches, ensure the firm has adequate systems and processes to maintain compliance with applicable privacy legislation, provide regular reports to the management team, oversee external audit requests, design training and workshops on risk and governance to staff.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 6 years plus experience in a risk management and compliance role, experience leading a risk and compliance function will be advantageous
- Experience in leading or assisting in leading a risk and compliance function
- Extensive knowledge of risk and compliance activities in either a law firm, professional services firm or corporate environment
- Knowledge of information security standards
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also in a collaborative team
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior members of the team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, drive, self-motivated and an influencer of change
This is an exciting new leadership role which will provide you with high levels of responsibility and autonomy. Along with a generous salary package you will have the opportunity to work along, industry leading professionals.
The environment is progressive, dynamic, collegiate and our client's culture is values based.
There will be ongoing in-house and external training (including leadership programmes), the opportunity to salary sacrifice and purchase extra leave, assistance with post graduate studies, payment of fees for professional associations.
Last but not least, our client values work life balance, which means there will be opportunity to work remotely or from home.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18893
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 23 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.