About the company and role
Federal Government Community Service organisation that are adding value to a select group within our community. This 12-month contract role will add to the team of existing professionals who are all working harmoniously towards the common goal. The community reporting is vast and will challenge your skills in a broad and valued communication production across case studies, research and policy reports.
Specific duties include:
- Development and management of publicity campaigns
- Development of media releases, set up interviews and stories
- Prompt and effective management of media enquiries / requests
- Manage and train DRC spokespeople for broadcast interviews
- Early identification of, and advice and response to, contentious media issues
- Manage protocols and processes to manage media attendance at public hearings (including media briefings and daily management of media at hearings)
- Managing media interest and reporting on Commissioner speeches including dissemination of speeches and pitching opinion pieces to media, publishing material online and promoting via social media
- Tertiary qualifications in communications/journalism/publishing or related fields
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed project management and organisational skills, including the ability to manage a diverse range of competing priorities and deadlines
- High attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and quality assurance
- Demonstrated ability to manage a range of competing deadlines and projects
- Ability to think independently and initiate suggestions for improvement where suitable
This is a unique media and communications role that offers a 12month contract with strong extension pipeline within a culture that is sought after.
Federal Government conditions apply including superannuation, flexible hours and upskilling opportunities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: AD19411
Phone: (07) 3231 1223
Applications close 27 November 2020.