Network Engineer| $130,000 package |Full - time, permanent | industry leader | Brisbane, CBD
A National client is currently seeking an experienced Operations/Network Engineer, who will be implementing and managing new systems and continuous security upgrades.
In this role you will ensure continuity, availability, security and performance of the WAN, LAN, Firewalls, Proxy, Wireless, Voice and Video Conferencing environments.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and resolve network problems.
- Use network management software and tools to collect and monitor performance statistics
- Complete network maintenance tasks
- Communicate information security risks and issues
- Perform basic risk and vulnerability assessments
- Apply and maintain security controls
- Respond to security breaches and record the incidents and action taken.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant qualification, certification, or relevant experience in a Network Engineering role.
- Be able to demonstrable knowledge of the IT/IS infrastructure and IT applications and service processes.
- An understanding of potential security threats and vulnerabilities that impact system hardware, software, and other infrastructure components, and how to prevent, mitigate, detect and resolve them.
If this role piques your interest, send your CV to Melanie.Johannesen@empiregroup.com.au, or hit APPLY NOW to get started, no cover letter required.