Legal qualifications are highly desirable. Must have experience in developing policy. Supportive and friendly environment.
The Role & The Organisation
Our client is a Federal Government agency and they are looking to appoint a Policy Director on a 12 month contract. This an EL2 level role.
The role will see you driving the organisation's strategic policy directions. On a day to day basis you will:
- Lead a policy team to conduct research and write high quality content and papers
- direct and oversee research and policy analysis
- deliver sound proposals and recommendations
- support organisational strategy
- conduct effective consultation with external stakeholders
- lead and manage a small team
- experience in legal and/or social policy roles
- exceptional written communication skills and experience with writing reports for public audiences.
- excellent strategic thinking, research, analytical and writing skills.
- capacity to effectively supervise and mentor a small team.
- experience with disability policy, NDIS policy, health and/or public inquiries is highly desirable.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
Our Opinion & The Benefits
This is an opportunity to work with an organisation that will make a significant impact in changing Australia's social policy. The working environment is progressive, inclusive, collaborative and supportive. Our client promotes a flexible working culture.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT200152
Phone: 0422 671 673