Join a small team of professionals to implement policy relating to LSDP (lifesaving drugs) and Stoma Appliance Scheme (SAS) programs. Working with the Directors and broader team you will document key changes to the program, liaise with key stakeholders and implement change.
Working with the Executive, Minister and other departments are required.
Key Job Capabilities
- Demonstrated experience or relevant qualifications and/or background in a strong policy related area or discipline
- Well developed written communication skills including experience drafting quality policy papers, briefings, Ministerial Submissions and other documentation in short timeframes and with excellent attention to detail.
- Well developed organisational and planning skills that contribute to you being able to work under limited supervision and in small teams, including the ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines.
- Well developed secretariat and administrative skills with the ability to build productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders particularly around sensitive issues.
- Strong interpersonal and representational skills, with the ability to build productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving skills, sound judgement and ability to think strategically and provide sound advice on policy matters.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting high quality policy papers, briefings, Ministerial Submissions and other documentation in short timeframes and with excellent attention to detail
The duties and key activities of this role include:
- Contribute to a small team to develop and help to implement policy relating the LSDP and Stoma programs.
- Work collaboratively and constructively to develop policy direction with the team and the Director relating to key changes to programs.
- Assist in managing policy related directives including liaising with key stakeholder groups as required to implement and drive change.
- Use excellent written communication to provide input to briefs, minutes and other policy documents for the Executive, Minister or other departmental areas as required.
- Qualifications or a background in Medicine, Pharmacy or a related scientific discipline are desirable but not essential
- Department of Health (DOH) and/or Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and public sector (Government) policy related experience may be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the reimbursement framework for medicines and related
- technologies; and relevant policies such as the National Medicines Policy
- Knowledge or demonstrated ability to use the Parliamentary Document Management System (PDMS) and Department records management system (TRIM)
- Baseline vetting or the ability to attain baseline vetting
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: AD1234
Phone: (07) 3231 1223