Our client is seeking suitable candidate for an APS5 (2+yrs experience) and an APS6 Policy Officer (4+yrs experience) to provide a key support service to the Government in the research, development and reporting of policies focused in the area of vulnerable First Nations people. These positions are a 12 month contract based in the Sydney Office in the CBD area. There is a potential option to extend the contract depending on performance.
The duties expected of a Policy Officer include:
- support the team in setting a strategic direction and providing leadership
- Mentor the team in relation to policy writing particularly regarding First Nations people who are vulnerable
- provide policy input in preparation for hearings
- apply critical thinking and rigorous analysis to deliver proposals and recommendations that are necessary, implementable and sustainable
- work closely with policy team members and collaboratively with the community engagement and legal teams
- demonstrate agility and resilience in response to changing demands and a high workload
- develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
To be suitable for these opportunities, you will need:
- Experience in the area of First Nations policies (APS5 - 2+yrs and APS6 - 4+yrs)
- strong written communication skills
- experience with public hearings would be an advantage
- experience with/knowledge of the vulnerable community desirable
- professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient
- ability to prioritise and take initiative
- ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential
- ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM20002
Phone: (07) 3231 1207