National mid-tier firm with a well-regarded collegiate culture enabling the Brisbane office to grow in recent years. The firm is committed to producing excellent outcomes with practical solutions.
In this role, you will work closely with the Partner and Senior Associates in the team. Your clients will include some large national insurers and corporate self-insureds involving the defence of professional indemnity claims from areas including construction, engineering, financial and valuations. Your work will involve both advisory as well as litigated work, predominantly in professional indemnity, but also TPD and general commercial litigation matters.
- Both advisory and litigated work
- Manage client expectations
- Draft letters of demand and follow through with conviction
- Draft legal documents concisely and effectively
- Run a matter efficiently and cost-effectively
- At least 3 years' PAE in professional indemnity and/or commercial litigation as a lawyer
- Ability to run a claim from the demand stage through to pleadings and on to trial
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to manage large volumes of work
- Good business development skills
This firm boasts an open and supportive working environment with a dynamic and vibrant workplace. Its people are passionate about supporting their clients.
- Competitive remunerative packages
- Incentive program
- Genuine professional development strategies
- Close client contact
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19251
Phone: (07) 3231 1207