Professional Indemnity Lawyer
National mid-tier firm with a well-regarded collegiate culture enabling the Brisbane office to grow in recent years. The firm is committed to producing excellent outcomes with practical solutions.
In this role, you will need to be able to work autonomously on your files. Depending on your level of experience, you will either work closely with the Partner and Senior Associates (more mid level role) or you will work with the Partner to help lead the team (more senior role). Your clients will include some large national insurers and corporate self-insureds involving the defence of professional indemnity claims from areas including construction, engineering, financial and valuations. Your work will involve both advisory as well as litigated work, predominantly in professional indemnity, but also general commercial litigation matters.
- Both advisory and litigated work
- Manage client expectations
- Draft letters of demand and follow through with conviction
- Draft legal documents concisely and effectively
- Run a matter efficiently and cost-effectively
- 3+ years experience in professional indemnity and/or commercial litigation as a lawyer
- Ability to run a file through to pleadings and on to trial
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to manage large volumes of work
- Good business development skills
This firm boasts an open and supportive working environment with a dynamic and vibrant workplace. Its people are passionate about supporting their clients and fighting for what is right.
- Competitive remunerative packages
- Flexible WFH options
- Incentive program
- Genuine professional development strategies
- Close client contact
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM18805
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Applications close 22 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.