Our client is seeking suitable candidates for an APS5 Reportable Incidents Handling Officer. This position is for 3 months with an option to extend by 3 months and is based at their Brisbane Office.
The duties expected of a Reportable Incidents Handling Officer include:
- Process all Unauthorised Restrictive Practices - PRN and Weekly Reporting of Regulated Restrictive Practices
- Contribute to the documentation of process and procedures to support the consistent handling of incidents affecting the safety and wellbeing of participants consistent with the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and Rules.
- Actively contribute to the education and training function for NDIS providers in identifying incidents, with a particular focus on unauthorised restrictive practices matters
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders, including state and territory counterparts, service providers, and regulatory and law enforcement bodies to facilitate the work of the management of incidents affecting the safety and wellbeing of participants.
To be suitable for this opportunity, apart from possessing the required and specific experience, you will have a professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client and work within the provisions of its legislative framework.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the NDIS Act.
- Lived experience of disability or demonstrated understanding of disability services in a State or Territory Government context would be an advantage.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19000
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close Wednesday March 10 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.