The firm & role
Our client is a global elite law firm. The partners are leaders in their field and always rank highly in the legal tables in their respective areas of expertise. This firm acts for clients local and international clients, ASX-listed companies, insolvency practitioners, practitioners, trustees, receivers, secured creditors, administrators, non-bank lenders as well as major banks.
Due to a strong pipeline of work, our client is looking to recruit a Senior Associate Restructuring & Insolvency lawyer. The work will be a mix of front-end and back-end work and it will include:
- working on insolvencies, administrations, liquidations, receiverships
- advising on directors obligations and personal insolvencies
- winding up applications
- restructures and workouts
- preference claims
- advising on corporate distress
- advising on insolvent trading claims
- insolvency litigation
- members' and creditors' schemes of arrangements
You will have excellent partner access and you will work closely with the team's clients. There will be high levels of autonomy and client responsibility. You will also have the opportunity to mentor junior lawyers and play an important part in the further growth of the practice group.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years plus pae in the area of insolvency related disputes, advantageous would be experience in restructures and work-outs
- Excellent legal technical skills
- Insolvency litigation and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise and mentor more junior lawyers
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Drive, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a top of market leading salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme. This law has one of the most supportive and collaborative working cultures in Australia. The working environment is progressive and forward thinking. Our client is also proud of its initiatives in gender inclusion and diversity.
Progression is based on merit only and lawyers who perform are rewarded.
Our client also promotes flexible working arrangements and understands the importance of a work/life balance. There is also assistance with post graduate study, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave, social, sporting and pro bono activities, payment of conferences/seminars, payment of membership fees of professional organisations.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20057
Phone: 0422 671 673