The firm & role
Our client is a global elite law firm. The partners are leaders in their field and always rank highly in the legal tables in their respective areas of expertise. This firm acts for clients local and international clients, ASX-listed companies, insolvency practitioners, practitioners, trustees, receivers, secured creditors, administrators, non-bank lenders as well as major banks.
Due to a strong pipeline of work, our client is looking to recruit a 2 to 4 year restructuring & insolvency lawyer. The work will be a mix of front-end and back-end work and it will include:
- working on insolvencies, administrations, liquidations, receiverships
- advising on directors obligations and personal insolvencies
- winding up applications
- restructures and workouts
- preference claims
- advising on corporate distress
- advising on insolvent trading claims
You will have excellent partner access and you will work closely with other senior members of the team. Although 'hands on' and although you will be given responsibility from the get go, there will be development and mentoring.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 to 4 years plus pae in the area of insolvency related disputes, advantageous would be experience in restructures and work-outs
- Insolvency litigation and advisory skills
- Drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has one of the most supportive and collaborative working cultures in Australia. The working environment is progressive and forward thinking. Our client is proud of its initiatives in gender inclusion and diversity.
Progression is based on merit only and lawyers who perform are rewarded.
On offer is a top of market leading salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme. Our client also promotes flexible working arrangements balance. There is also assistance with post graduate study, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave, social, sporting and pro bono activities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19200
Phone: (02) 8227 7207