- 6 month contract
- Located in Canberra
- Start ASAP
Our client is seeking suitable candidates for an APS4 Compliance Officer. This position is for 6 months and is based at their Canberra Office. There is a potential option to extend for a further 6 months (depending on performance).
Besides having great general knowledge of the Compliance role and functions of the Commission your duties will include:
- Assisting AD with the compilation of reports/minutes as required
- Manage the Compliance mailbox, prepare referral for leadership to allocate
- Ensure COS files are updated and ARC files are created and updated and records maintained as matters progress
- Demonstrate sound understanding of the Compliance function that contributes to team goals.
- Provide advice and education to stakeholders on regulatory and compliance issues
- Proactively manages own workload within Commission's standard procedures, ensuring matters that require escalation or priority are brought to the attention of Senior Compliance Officer/Assistant Director.
- Contribute new ideas and maximise the benefits of change, including the identification of opportunities to improve the efficiency of Compliance processes.
To be suitable for this opportunity, apart from possessing the required and specific experience, you will have a professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework AND THE NDIS Act.
- Live experience of disability or demonstrated understanding of disability services in a State or Territory Government context would be an advantage.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM48213
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.