Our client is a State Government Department seeking a suitable candidate for a Risk & Governance Officer. This position is a 6 month contract and is based at their Parramatta Office.
- Support the implementation and delivery of programs and projects in the department's governance and risk management plan, including managing and coordinating internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Apply the department's risk management procedures in compliance with relevant standards and legislative requirements to support sound risk management practices and enable effective decision making
- Support initiatives to strengthen governance and risk management capabilities across the department by supporting the development of effective communications and professional staff development
- Support the implementation, monitoring and testing of business continuity plans across the department.
- Undertake research and formulate recommendations to support evidence-based improvements to governance and risk management in the department.
To be suitable for this opportunity, apart from possessing the required and specific experience, you will have a professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- 2 Reference Checks
- Work with Children Certificate
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM20197
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Applications close 25 December 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.