- Lots of freedom, responsibility and autonomy
- Work closely with the partner and their client
- Supportive environment, flexible work practices
Corporate/Energy & Resources Lawyer
Our client is a major corporate law firm. The firm has a strong reputation in the energy & resources team and is led by a leading energy & resources partner.
This firm and in particular, this partner acts for ASX-Listed companies, clients in the mining, energy & resources industries, clients in the renewable energy industry, regulators and government agencies.
Due to growth our client is looking to actively recruit an experienced corporate/energy & resources for their busy team. As an experienced lawyer, you will be working closely with the partner and their clients. You will also be given high levels of autonomy, responsibility and freedom and you will be encouraged to develop and foster strong client relationships.
The work will be varied and always interesting and will include:
- capital raisings including IPOs
- joint ventures, share issues, partnerships
- mergers & acquisitions, disposals
- due diligences and regulatory approvals
- company take-overs and schemes
- farm-in agreements, option agreements, royalty agreements
- mining and mineral rights agreements
- general commercial contracts including compensation agreements
- advising on regulatory and corporate governance issues
- electricity and power projects
- renewable energy projects
- acquisitions of wind farms
- energy purchase and trading contracts
- all aspects of mine development and oil and gas production, including engineering, procurement and construction contracts and off-take contracts
- financing and hedging facilities
- advising on native title implications of resource projects
You will also play an important role in the further growth of the team and continue to embed the already strong relationships the partner has with their clients and foster relationships with new clients. This role will also see you taking an active role in the mentoring and development of more junior lawyers.
This is the perfect role for the ambitious lawyer who wants to take the next important step in their career which will catapult you towards partnership.
- Will be a Senior Lawyer, Senior Associate or Special Counsel working in a corporate/energy & resources team or working in-house
- Will have strong technical skills, drafting, advisory and negotiation skills
- Have the ability to provide commercially focused legal advice
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be confident self-starter, mature and self-motivated
- Have problem solving skills
- Will be flexible, adaptable and have a collaborative working style
- Have the ability to work independently and hit the ground running
- Have experience in servicing large corporations
- Have experience in building and fostering strong client relationships
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Have the ability and willingness to business develop, market and further grow the team
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and a forward thinking and innovative way to deliver legal services
- Drive, ambition and passion for the energy & resources space
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays its lawyers at the very top of the market and as this is a senior position you will be remunerated well. There is also a generous incentive scheme. For the driven and ambitious lawyer there is a clear path to partnership.
You will join a progressive and dynamic law firm that has an entrepreneurial spirit and you will be part of a law firm and team of lawyers that enjoy what they do.
Also on offer are client secondments, assistance with post graduate studies, interstate secondments, paid professional memberships, the ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, the opportunity to be involved in pro bono matters, sporting & social activities. There will be access to learning and development programmes as well as leadership courses.
Our client is a meritocracy and promotes entirely on merit.
This law firm promotes an inclusive and people first environment. Our client cares about creating a workplace where every-one feels valued, respected and empowered. Our client is committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage.
Lastly, our client values flexibility and encourages their staff to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments. Also on offer is WFH and the possibility to work remotely.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19108
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 25 April 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.