The Role & The Firm
Our client is a litigation law firm that is in growth mode. Due to a strong pipeline of work, our client is looking to recruit a Senior Associate Litigation Lawyer of at least 5 years pae.
Our client acts for Insolvency Practitioners, Financiers (including debtor, asset and mid-tier lenders), ASX listed companies, large energy/electricity retailers, SMEs and small businesses, as well as builders & subcontractors.
This role will see you working closely with another SA and Associates and Lawyers, on a broad range of disputes and appearing in court.
A flavor of the work will include:
- Debt dispute resolution, Corporations Act, shareholders disputes, building and construction, insolvency and general and contractual disputes
- Briefing counsel
- Court Appearances
- Drafting Court Documents including pleadings, affidavits and applications
- Running files from beginning to end in all court jurisdictions including Magistrates' Court, County Court, Supreme Court and Federal Court
This is a 'hands on' role and you will be given genuine responsibility eg attend court, brief counsel, attend client meetings, have carriage of your own meetings.
The matters will be interesting and broad ranging. This is an excellent environment in which to develop your litigation skills. You will be working in a team that is supportive, friendly and positive.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 to 5 years pae experience in the area of litigation
- Attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Drafting and advising skills
- Strong litigation and strategy skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Drive, enthusiasm and a 'can do' attitude
Culture & Benefits
Our client has a huge focus on team culture where collaboration and support are cornerstones of their working environment. Our client is proud of its initiatives in relation to learning and development and the investment of their lawyers.
Our client has agile work practices. Progression is based on merit only and strong performance is rewarded.
Other benefits include very reasonable billables, monthly end of month events. Christmas parties. Wellness days every week. Min1 day working from home a week, newly refurbished offices with plenty of space.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 4th July 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.