Banking & Finance Lawyer
The Firm & The Role
Our client is a major corporate law firm. The firm's key clients include banks, financial services companies, local and international corporations, government departments, property developers, private enterprises, debt funds, property funds, sponsors, corporate and financial advisers, borrrowers, clients in the construction, agribusiness, healthcare, retail and technology spaces just to name a few industries.
Due to growth, our client is looking to appoint an experience banking & finance lawyer with at least 5 years pae. This role would suit either a Senior Lawyer, Senior Associate or even a Special Counsel. This is a role which will give you high levels of client responsibility and work from beginning to end on transactions. This team has always been consistently involved in high profile projects in the Asia Pacific region. The transactions will be broad ranging, giving greater job satisfaction due to the variety and complexity.
A flavour of the types of transactions include:
- real estate and construction finance transactions
- corporate and acquisition finance transactions
- debt restructurings and refinancings
- asset finance
- structured finance transactions
This is a first class opportunity for the driven and ambitious banking & finance lawyer who wants to work on complex and high profile transactions, be at the coal face and play a pivotal role on deals.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years' experience in the area of banking & finance
- Drafting, attention to detail and analytical skills
- The ability to think laterally
- Commercial ability and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Team focus - enjoy working as part of a high performing team as well as the ability to work independently
- Client management skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to supervise more junior members of the team
- Passion, drive, enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays its lawyers at the very top of the market and they have a collaborative working culture. You will be part of a firm and team of lawyers that really enjoy what they do.
Also on offer are interstate and client secondments.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, client secondments, paid professional memberships, access to learning & development programmes (including leadership programmes), access to wellness programmes, the ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, the opportunity to be involved in pro bono matters, sporting & social activities.
Our client is a meritocracy and promotes entirely on merit. They have a transparent progression path for all of their lawyers.
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19134
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 20 April 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.