Our client is a well-known Government Department. The Department offers a wide range of commercial law solutions across an array of government clients Australia wide. Due to growth our client is currently seeking multiple Senior Commercial Advisory Lawyers to join its offices in Sydney and Canberra.
The role would suit commercial advisory lawyers with a background in IT/ICT, Infrastructure, Construction Transactions or related. A flavour of the work includes; advising and assisting on large infrastructure, construction and investment projects, design and conduct of innovative procurement and more.
The role would be suitable for any private practice lawyers wanting to move into Government.
NOTE: The role is a 12 to 18 month contract role with the possibly of extension!!!
A competitive salary is on offer, 15.4% Super and performance based reward schemes.
The ideal person will have:
- At least 8 years PAE in commercial law - experience in IT/ICT, Infrastructure, Construction is highly advantageous but not essential
- Experience working at a Government Department either State or Federal or experience gained at a reputable private practice firm
- Experience mentoring/supervising junior lawyers/support staff
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- can obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting 1 (or higher) security clearance
- Excellent analytical, communication, technical and research skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team focus - enjoy working as part of a committed team
Ability to work independently
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: SF11144
Phone: (02) 8227 7204 or 0481 282 619