Legal Assistant - defendant insurance
- Growing company with career development opportunities
- Specialised Worksafe team
- WFH flexibility accommodated!
This is an established independent law firm who are a specialised injury disputes practice with the firm being part of the Victorian WorkCover Authority Panel. As a growing firm they are creating a supportive and professional culture.
This role encompasses both legal secretarial and executive administration support for a Special Counsel. Your daily duties will include:
- File and diary management.
- Drafting correspondence and legal documentation.
- Arranging meetings, conferences, mediation and medical appointments.
- Liaison with clients, plaintiff lawyers, barristers and medical providers.
- Accounts administration - invoice review, update and forwarding to compliance.
- Preparation of briefs for hearings and mediations.
- Associated general administrative duties including copying, scanning and telephone attendance.
- Assist compliance with submitted plaintiff costs and attachment B's.
- Completion of legal admin tasks allocated via Affinity workflows.
- Overseeing key file dates for the team and notifying of hearing notices received to the team.
To be the successful applicant you will have previous litigation support experience within Personal Injury, medical negligence or Workcover in addition to:
- At least 3 years' previous legal secretarial experience ideally within this area of law
- The ability to use your initiative and work within a team towards a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Centrally located office in the CBD
- Social club with various events occurring throughout the year
- Continued work from flexibility once returned to 100% capacity in the office
- Career progression available
To be considered for this position, please apply below with your CV in Microsoft Word format or alternatively email directly at email@example.com
Ref No: DG20149
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.