The Firm & The Role
Our client is a top tier law firm with a Tier 1 ranked construction and engineering team. Due to a strong pipeline of work, the firm is looking to recruit a construction litigation lawyer at the Senior Associate or Special Counsel level.
This team is consistently highly ranked at the top of the legal tables. The firm and this particular team's client base is stellar and consists of local and international clients, Tier 1 construction companies, environment consultancies, mining and energy companies, government agencies. You will work on some of the largest and most complex construction and engineering claims in Australia.
As this is a senior role, there is a clear career path. There will be autonomy and high levels of responsibility
Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 5 years in the area of construction litigation law
- Experience with arbitrations would be advantageous but not essential
- An engineering degree would be looked upon favourably
- Drafting, advocacy and litigation skills
- Negotiation and strategy skills
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Business acumen
- Problem solving skills and creative thinking
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal and the ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Ability to work under pressure and manage clients
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Passion, drive and ambition
Benefits & Culture
On top of a generous salary package is a healthy bonus system and a clear partnership track for the ambitious lawyer. Further, our client has an outstanding working culture, one of the best in Australia. Other benefits include flexible and agile working arrangements, assistance with further studies, access to learning and development programmes including leadership programmes, the opportunity to take part in sporting, social and pro bono activities.
This is an opportunity to work with a group of high calibre lawyers who are deeply passionate about what they do and who are committed to achieving the best for their clients.
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19280
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 28 May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.