- Strong pipeline of work
- Genuine progression path
- Lovely and approachable partners
The Client & The Role
Our client is one of Australia's leading law firms with an excellent reputation in the insurance space. Due to a strong pipeline of work, they are looking to appoint an experienced Insurance lawyer with at the senior level. You will be a Senior Associate or a Special Counsel.
Our client acts for local and international insurance companies, self-insureds, insurance brokers, major corporations, financial services companies, fund managers, trustees, government agencies, superannuation companies.
This opportunity will see you having 'hands on experience' and you will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. As an experienced insurance lawyer you will be running matters in the following areas:
- Professional indemnity litigation
- Public liability matters
- Construction and engineering risk claims
- Financial lines litigation
- D&O claims
- Defending clients in commissions & inquiries
- Property damage claims
- Business interruption claims
- Fraud claims & cyber litigation
- Product liability litigation
This role will also see you fostering excellent relationships with the clients, supervising and mentoring more junior members of the team and playing an important role in further building the practice group. As the team is not top heavy, there are genuine prospects of progressing your career to partnership.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 6 years plus pae in the area of insurance law/professional indemnity law
- Litigation and strategy skills
- Ability to run multi-party litigation
- Drafting, advisory, negotiation, mediation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Commercial nous
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior lawyers
- Ability to business develop and undertake marketing initiatives
- Drive and ambition
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market leading salary package, the option for part-time as well as flexible working arrangements.
Our client is proud of its working culture. It is one of the best working cultures in Sydney: professional yet down to earth, inclusive, collaborative, forward thinking. It is a culture which will allow you to grow and develop.
Other benefits include: post graduate study assistance, the opportunity to become involved in pro bono matters, client secondments, career development programmes, the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on financial products, days off for volunteering, wellness programmes.
Lastly, our client has realist billables & KPI's and progression is based on merit and not years of service.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT22020
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Marianna Tuccia is a former lawyer and is passionate about helping lawyers in their next career move. If the above role isn't what you are looking for, reach out to her so she can assist you in finding the right one!