Role & Responsibilities:
This role will sit within the Data Services team and be responsible for creating and supporting database environments (mostly Microsoft SQL Server). This will include monitoring the databases, ensuring they are highly available and able to be recovered from disasters, troubleshooting issues, routinely monitoring the performance and tuning them to improve performance.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 – 2017
- Previous experiences in high availability & disaster recovery technologies for SQL Server, always on availability groups, mirroring, replication, log shipping and windows clustering, and the ability to implement and test them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to communicate with customers.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Exposure to scripting in PowerShell
- Experience with MongoDB would be well regarded (but failing that, there will be opportunities to learn)
- Previous experience within the Finance industry ideal, however not essential.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications will be well regarded.