Strategic Project Manager - Are you immediately available and looking for your next contract?
This Queensland government agency have a recently gone through an inter departmental transition in 2020, as a result they are in the market for a Strategic Project Manager to ensure that the portfolio better aligns to the branch that they now sit in. The fundamental goal is to ensure department can operate more efficiently and effectively whilst ensuring a smooth transition. This project is heavily focussed around the public interests and is recreationally focussed.
Role / Responsibilities
- Develop a project & strategic plan to be communicated with Executive level stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver short- and long-term strategies to develop policies.
- Provide leadership managing the project to ensure risks are identified and strategies implemented to mitigate risks.
- Monitor timelines to ensure outcomes are being delivered and report on milestones.
- Facilitate internal and external workshops, forums, and engagement activities.
- consult, liaise, negotiate, and maintain effective relationships with other branches and other government agencies,
- Resolve ambiguity, seek advice from internal and external stakeholders as required.
The successful person will need to be experienced in providing strategic advice and
overseeing projects to ensure outcomes are achieved. They will be effective in planning and
determining priorities, communicating, and engaging effectively with internal stakeholders,
government agencies, external vendors, and industry bodies at all levels.
Preferred capabilities of successful person:
- Experienced and/or qualified in project management.
- Experience managing and delivering strategic planning projects.
- Demonstrate a high standard of communication skills and techniques.
- Builds and sustains relationships at all levels.
- Stimulates ideas and innovation, embracing change and leads with focus.
- Demonstrates sound governance, maintaining a high standard of practice.
We look forward to receiving your application via Seek, please don't hesitate to contact Shane Driver (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Alternatively, for a confidential chat, you can call me on 0431 545 882